Do you have the moments when you are sitting at your desk, trying to get some work done, and then BAM, you realize you have been staring at your screen for the last few minutes? Well, this is what people like to call brain fog. It can roll on in at any time of day without any rhyme or reason. There are certainly a lot of culprits that can lead to brain fog but when you don’t have the time to figure out what caused it, you can take a couple minutes to make it go away.
A quick and effective way to say bye bye to brain fog is to get down on the ground and go through a series of cat-cow. This, of course, works if you have space by your desk and if your co-workers don’t mind you getting friendly with the floor for a few minutes. (You may want to make sure clients aren’t expected to walk in when you are deeply connected with your breath in cat-cow.)
How to do Cat-Cow for Brain Fog
- Begin with your hands and knees on the floor.
- Make sure your knees are under your hips, and your wrists are under your shoulders.
- Begin in a neutral spine position, with your back flat and your abs engaged.
- Begin the movement by taking a big deep inhale.
- On the exhale, round your back up towards the ceiling. During this motion think like your pulling your belly button as high as you can up into your spine.
- Tuck your chin towards your chest, and let your neck release. This is the cat part of the pose because you look like an angry cat.
- On your next inhale, move your back in the opposite direction by allowing your belly relax and go loose as you lift your head and tailbone up towards the sky. This is the Cow portion of the pose.
- Continue these two poses flowing back and forth from cat to cow making sure you connect your breath to each pose.
- Note: Inhale on Cow Pose and Exhale on Cat Pose.
- Repeat for a couple minutes or until you feel your mind more energized.
Another great way to wash away your afternoon slump is with our Mind + Body Energizer, SUPER POWDER!
- 3 Poses to Do After a Long Day of Sitting
- 3 Exercises to Get Rid of that Stubborn Lower Belly Bulge
- Alternate nostril breathe your way into a stress free Monday
- 4 Yoga Poses For People Who Sit Too Much
- 3 Yoga Poses for People who Workout