We all know that exercise is good for our physical health, but did you know that it can also be great for our mental health? In fact, regular exercise has been shown to be as effective as medication in treating depression and anxiety. If you’re looking for a way to boost your mental health, one of the best things you can do is get moving. And one of the best ways to get moving is to take your workout to the water.
4 Tips Before You Work Out
- Choose a location that you enjoy. If you’re not a fan of the beach, you can find a lake, river, or even a community pool.
- Make it a social event. Invite some friends or family members to join you for your workout.
- Take breaks to enjoy the view. Stop and take a few minutes to appreciate the beauty of the water.
- Listen to your body. If you’re feeling tired or sore, take a break. Don’t push yourself too hard.
Ways to Workout Near the Water
Maybe you aren’t quite ready to take the plunge and actually work out in the water. Here are some great ways to get the benefits from water but not actually go in the water.
- Beach sprints: Sprinting on the beach is a great way to get your heart rate up and burn calories. You can sprint up and down the beach, or you can find a long stretch of sand and sprint back and forth.
- Beach yoga: Yoga is a great way to improve your flexibility and strength. And doing yoga on the beach is a great way to enjoy the natural beauty of the ocean.
- Beach Pilates: Pilates is a low-impact workout that’s gentle on your joints. And doing Pilates on the beach is a great way to get a workout while enjoying the fresh air and sunshine.
Pool deck workouts:
- Poolside cardio: You can do any type of cardio workout on the pool deck, such as running, jumping jacks, or burpees.
- Poolside strength training: You can use the pool deck as a gym by doing bodyweight exercises, such as push-ups, sit-ups, and squats.
- Poolside stretching: Stretching is an important part of any workout, and doing it on the pool deck is a great way to relax and enjoy the view.
The Benefits of Water Exercise
Okay, now you are ready to take the plunge and get your workouts done in the water!
4 Reasons Why Water Exercise is So Beneficial for Mental Health.
- Water is calming and relaxing. The feeling of being surrounded by water can be very soothing, and it can help to reduce stress and anxiety.
- Water is weightless. This means that water exercise is a low-impact activity, which is gentle on your joints. This makes it a great option for people who have injuries or chronic pain.
- Water is resistance training. When you move through water, you’re working against the resistance of the water. This helps to build strength and endurance.
- Water is fun! Exercising in water can be a lot of fun, and it can help to take your mind off of your worries.
How to Get Started with Water Exercise
If you’re new to water exercise, there are a few things you need to know. First, it’s important to start slowly and gradually increase the intensity of your workouts. Second, you should wear comfortable clothing that won’t restrict your movement. And third, you should drink plenty of water before, during, and after your workout.
There are many different types of water exercise, so you can find something that you enjoy. Some popular options include:
- Swimming: Swimming is a great way to get a full-body workout. You can swim laps, do water aerobics, or just float around and relax.
- Water walking: Water walking is a low-impact activity that’s easy on your joints. It’s a great way to get your heart rate up and burn calories.
- Water yoga: Water yoga is a great way to improve your flexibility and strength. It’s also a lot of fun!
No matter what type of water exercise you choose, you’re sure to enjoy the benefits for your mental health. So get moving and start feeling better today!
And don’t forget our SUPER FUEL Powder is a great way to keep your energy and feeling good last longer! It is a delicious energy boost with only 10 calories per stick. Our on-the-go stick packs are perfect for your water workouts and feature natural caffeine from green coffee seed and green tea, providing a smooth and sustained lift without jitters or crashes. With 3 mouthwatering flavors to choose from, SUPER FUEL Powder makes staying energized and focused a tasty experience.