Meet the newest EBOOST Ambassador Keegan Michelle
Growing up playing sports, Keegan love for the fitness world came easy! Going through a history of eating disorders after college, Keegan grew a much deeper and massive appreciation for balance and wellness as a whole. Throughout her life Keegan has moved all over the country but currently is settled in Minneapolis as a health coach at Solidcore and instructor at a local spin studio. As a Health Coach with certifications in sports nutrition, Keegan always includes healthy eating and diet into her work with clients and those taking her classes.
Why do you EBOOST?
EBOOST takes my game from good to great, from better to best!
What is your workout routine?
I love workouts that you can do anywhere, that hit everywhere, and are super efficient!
Some of my favorite at-home exercises are :
- Squat Jumps
- Squat pulses (1 inch at 90 degrees)
- Decline Push Ups (using a chair/stairs)
- Lunge Jumps
- Lunge Pulses
- Incline Push Ups (using a chair/stairs)
- Seated Russian Twist (taking hands overhead between each side)
- Step Up into Reverse Lunge (using a chair/stairs)
- Sumo Squats
- Dolphin Push Up
- Straight-Legged Bicycle Crunches
Performing each exercise for 12-15 repetitions and then repeating all exercises for 2-3 sets.
What is your typical diet?
Daily priorities are: Whole foods, low sugar, and high protein.
I am always using and viewing food as a power source and a support system for my physical activities. I strive to eat accordingly to keep my body as healthy as possible to perform efficiently at the next workout. While I rarely eat red meat, I include other foods that are high in iron, like nuts, lentils, broccoli, green veggies, to keep my iron levels at a healthy level.
As someone who could easily snack my way through the day, I try to focus on three balanced and whole meals, with occasional small snacks in between. But as someone who used to count every little calorie, I no longer pay attention to those numbers. Instead, I focus on the whole nature of what I’m eating and the healthy qualities of the meal, not the caloric quantity.
- Try this Workout to get Motivated Again
- The no excuse to be lazy on the weekends workout!
- Kick Your Week In Gear With This Tough Bodyweight Workout
- Mark Shipman EBOOST Brand Ambassador
- Neda Varbanova EBOOST Brand Ambassador