Ready to light up your muscles like it is the 4th of July? Oh, you mean it is the 4th of July! Perfect. This workout is a monster of a workout that will leave your muscles feeling lit. Then you can go relax, hang with some friends and enjoy a Red, White and Blue ‘Healthy’ Cocktails (or two).
How it Works
- The workout is to be performed in a circuit fashion. This means you will need to complete each exercise one after another without any rest in between.
- This workout is designed to complete four circuits.
- Do not perform movements to failure unless noted.
- Pick a level of athleticism you can complete this workout at.
Beginner: 6-8 reps with 60 seconds rest in between total circuits.
Intermediate: 8-12 reps with 45 seconds rest in between total circuits.
Advanced: 10-15 reps (or perform to failure) with 30 seconds rest in between total circuits.
All you need are a set of dumbells for this 4th of July workout. (If your dumbells aren’t heavy enough, then up your repetition count).
Elevated Split Leg Romanian Deadlift
This exercise is like a Romanian Deadlift and a Split Squat had a baby.
For a demonstration of the exercise, please see this video.
Be sure to put most of your weight in the standing leg, squeeze your glutes at the top, keep you back flat and core tight. Grab your weights and get to lifting. Your repetitions count with be the number of repetitions performed on each leg.
A great tutorial on how to perform a power row can be seen here. Even though the video shows a barbell, you can do this exercise with dumbells too.
Dumbbell Hang Power Clean And Press
This movement is a bit complex, so you might want to take your time during this movement as a way to slow down your cardiovascular system and really focus on form.
Here is a great video to see how it is done.
Check out this great demonstration.
Before this 4th of July workout, be sure to grab your POW and get to lifting!
- The EBOOST Workout
- An EBOOST Full Body At-Home Workout
- The Dealer’s Choice Workout
- Workout this Weekend in just 20 Minutes
- Have Yourself a HIIT Holiday