High-intensity interval training (HIIT) is a popular type of exercise that involves alternating short bursts of intense exercise with periods of rest. HIIT workouts are known to be very effective for burning calories and improving cardiovascular health. The elliptical machine is a great piece of equipment for HIIT workouts because it is low-impact and easy on the joints. It is also a versatile machine that can be used to work a variety of muscle groups. If you are interested in learning how to do a HIIT workout with an elliptical, keep reading.
Sample Elliptical Machine HIIT Workout
Warm-up (5 minutes)
- Start with 5 minutes of easy moving on the elliptical machine.
HIIT intervals (20 minutes)
- Perform 1 minute of high-intensity exercise followed by 1 minute of rest.
- Repeat this cycle for 10 rounds.
- Fast moving on the elliptical machine
- Hill climbs by adding resistance
- Sprint intervals
- During the rest periods, move slowly on the elliptical machine or take a break.
Cool-down (5 minutes)
- End your workout with 5 minutes of easy moving on the elliptical machine.
Tips for a Successful HIIT Workout
- Make sure to warm up before you start your workout.
- Push yourself during the high-intensity intervals.
- Take complete breaks during the rest periods. If you don’t feel like you need a break, then you aren’t pushing yourself enough. This is the whole point of a HIIT workout.
- Cool down after your workout.
Benefits of HIIT Workouts
- Burns more calories in a shorter amount of time than traditional cardio workouts
- Improves cardiovascular health
- Boosts metabolism
- Increases muscle mass
- Reduces stress
HIIT workouts can be very challenging, but they are also very effective. If you are new to HIIT, start with shorter intervals and gradually increase the intensity and duration of your workouts. Be sure to listen to your body and take breaks when you need them. HIIT workouts are a great way to get a great workout in a short amount of time. If you are looking for a challenge, give HIIT a try.
- You can increase the intensity of your workout by increasing the resistance on the elliptical machine.
- You can also increase the intensity of your workout by increasing the speed at which you are moving.
- You can use a heart rate monitor to track your intensity during your workout.
How to Make it More Challenging
- 20-minute HIIT workout: This workout is similar to the sample workout above, but it includes 4 rounds of 2 minutes of high-intensity exercise followed by 2 minutes of rest.
- 30-minute HIIT workout: This workout is similar to the 20-minute workout, but it includes 6 rounds of 2 minutes of high-intensity exercise followed by 2 minutes of rest.
- 45-minute HIIT workout: This workout is similar to the 30-minute workout, but it includes 9 rounds of 2 minutes of high-intensity exercise followed by 2 minutes of rest.
You can also adjust the intensity and duration of your workouts to suit your own fitness level.
Before you jump on that elliptical, first, you must boost yourself. Grab a natural energy drink like our SUPER FUEL STICKS. A great way to take energy with you wherever you go. SUPER FUEL Sticks is a sparkling natural energy drink mix crafted with plant-based caffeine and fortified with vitamins, minerals, nootropics, electrolytes, and antioxidants.