No need to change your clothes, you can do these sweat-free exercises right in your office during your lunch break without needing a wardrobe change!
Remember it doesn’t always have to be dripping sweat, ring out your shirt kind of workout for it to be an effective one. Don’t believe us? Read more about this topic here.
A butt’s best friend!
Find some space in your office to drop it like it’s hot.
- Stand with your chest nice and tall, your feet about shoulder-width apart (maybe even a little wider).
- Slowly lower your butt back and down, as if you are trying to sit back in a chair that is a little farther away than you thought.
- Your butt should go as low as your knees.
- Make sure your knees are not over your toes. You should be able to see your toes.
- Hold at the bottom for a moment, keeping your core engaged, then stand back up to starting position by pressing your weight into your heals.
- Perform at least 20 repetitions nice and slow.
For more variations on squats to try, check out these versions.
Or anything about waist height.
- Start with your hands on the edge of the desk, your body straight out behind you in a plank, and your shoulders above your hands.
- Keeping your body in a tight plank the whole time, lower your chest towards the desk while bending your elbows. Keep your elbows tucked in to your body as close as you can.
- Hold at the bottom for a moment, before you press back up, using your chest and arms, into starting position.
- That is one. Repeat until your arms burn out.
You can even try, lowering down quickly and pressing back up slow or lowering down slow and pressing back up quickly.
Static Biceps Contraction
Get ready to feel the pump!
- Sitting up nice and tall at your desk, place your palms underneath your desk as if you are trying to lift the desk up with the palms of your hands. Your arms should be as close to a 90-degree angle in your elbow as you can.
- Perform a static contraction, this means contracting/squeezing your biceps, without moving the elbow, as hard as you for 30 seconds.
- Try 5 rounds of this.
Lunch Break Planks
You should feel the burn before or around the 30-second mark.
- Start by laying on the ground on your stomach.
- Lift yourself off of the ground except for your hands and toes.
- Take a moment to make sure your shoulders are over your hands and your butt isn’t sticking up or sinking too low. Your body should be a nice straight line.
- Now start squeezing your abs into your spine, squeeze your butt, and flex those thighs.
- Hold this contraction like this for 30 seconds or as close to 30 seconds as you can.
- Rest for 1 minute and then repeat 4 more times.
- 5 Micro-workouts to do at your Desk
- 4 Yoga Poses For People Who Sit Too Much
- 6 Lower Ab Burners
- 3 Very Effective, Yet Simple, Abdominal Exercises
- Motivation Monday – Lower Body Workout