Cold weather, rain, even snow (if you’re lucky/unlucky to live in the right place) is already upon us. But that shouldn’t keep you off the road for your run today. Instead, make sure you have all the right gear to keep you warm and dry. Men’s Fitness has 10 winter running essentials from warm beanies for your head to moisture-wicking socks for your toes. You’ll want to make sure these pieces are in your closet.
One tip from Men’s Fitness we want you to remember:
For less chance of injury, follow the old-school “25 degree rule,” which suggests dressing for weather 25 degrees warmer than the actual temperature. (This compensates for your rise in body temperature during your run and rapid decrease afterward.)
Stay warm, dry and fit!
- What Happens to your Body When you Workout in the Cold?
- Move Over Spin Class, Treadmill Classes are Taking the Spotlight
- 4 Essentials for Working Out Outside
- 4 Tips to Improve Your Deadlifts
- Here’s How the Summer Heat can Help you Burn More Calories and Boost Your Metabolism.