We can all relate a little too well to that feeling when you’re exhausted, you can barely keep your eyes open, and you just want to curl up in bed and take a nap. But is napping really the best way to get more energy? Maybe it is better to exercise to get more energy? You might be surprised as to which answer is right.
But first the part a lot of us hate, an answer that starts with “depends.” We know, we know… annoying but hear us out.
A few factors, including how tired you are, how much time you have, and your personal preferences, are going to play a big role. So is it better to nap or exercise to get more energy?
The Quick Answer
If you’re feeling really exhausted, a short nap (15-20 minutes) can help to improve your alertness and energy levels. However, if you nap for longer than 20 minutes, you may wake up feeling groggy and even more tired. Not ideal and definitely won’t solve your needing energy problem.
Exercise can also be a great way to boost your energy levels. When you exercise, your body releases endorphins, which have mood-boosting and energy-enhancing effects. However, it’s important to note that exercise can also be tiring, so it’s not always the best option if you’re feeling really run down.
So, what is it? Napping or exercising? The answer really depends on your individual needs and preferences. If you’re feeling really exhausted, a short nap may be the best way to go. However, if you have more time and you’re looking for a longer-lasting energy boost, exercise may be a better option.
Here is a more detailed look at the pros and cons of napping and exercising for energy:
- Can improve alertness and energy levels
- Can help to improve mood
- Can be a quick and easy way to recharge
- Can make you feel groggy if you nap for too long
- Can be difficult to fall asleep if you’re not tired
- Can disrupt your sleep schedule
- Can boost energy levels for several hours
- Can improve mood
- Can help to improve sleep quality
- Can help to reduce stress
- Can be tiring, especially if you’re not used to it
- Can be difficult to find the time to exercise
- Can be difficult to stick with a regular exercise routine
Ultimately, the best way to get more energy is to find what works best for you. If you’re not sure whether it is better to nap or exercise to get more energy for yourself then try both and see what gives you the most energy boost.
Ways to Prepare Yourself So Exhaustion Doesn’t Hit
- Get enough sleep. Most adults need 7-8 hours of sleep per night.
- Eat a healthy diet. Eating plenty of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains can help to give you sustained energy throughout the day.
- Stay hydrated. Drinking plenty of water can help to keep you feeling energized.
- Manage stress. Stress can drain your energy levels, so it’s important to find ways to manage stress, such as exercise, relaxation techniques, or spending time with loved ones.
By following these tips, you can boost your energy levels and feel more alert and productive throughout the day.
And we can’t help but also share our little friend SUPER FUEL because maybe you don’t have time to nap or exercise. SUPER FUEL gives a boost of energy and essential vitamins to keep you going and going (and going), whenever and wherever you need it. It conveniently comes in a ready-to-drink can or a powder; just add to your water bottle.