We all know that exercise is good for us, but sometimes it’s just not possible to fit a workout into our busy schedules. And if we are being honest, sometimes we just don’t want to. But when we do skip a workout, we often feel guilty. Here’s a little secret: you shouldn’t feel guilty about skipping a workout. We know it can be totally hard to not feel guilty, but here are some reasons why you shouldn’t and some tips for dealing with workout guilt.
3 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Feel Guilty About Skipping a Workout:
- Sometimes, you just need a break. If you’re feeling burnt out or overtrained, it’s important to take a break from exercise. This will give your body a chance to rest and recover, and it will help you to come back to your workouts feeling refreshed and motivated.
- Life happens. There are going to be times when you have to skip a workout because of work, family, or other commitments. This is perfectly normal, and it doesn’t mean that you’re a failure. Just pick up where you left off when you can.
- It’s not the end of the world. If you skip one workout, it’s not going to ruin all of your progress. Just get back to your routine as soon as possible, and you’ll be fine.
3 Tips for Dealing with Workout Guilt:
- Don’t beat yourself up. If you skip a workout, don’t beat yourself up about it. Just forgive yourself and move on.
- Focus on the big picture. Remember that one workout is not going to make or break your fitness goals. Just focus on staying consistent in the long run.
- Make it up to yourself. If you do skip a workout, make it up to yourself by going for a walk, doing some yoga, or stretching. This will help you to stay active and avoid feeling guilty.
4 Tips for Avoiding Workout Guilt:
- Plan your workouts in advance. This will help you to stay on track and avoid feeling guilty if you have to skip a workout.
- Be flexible with your routine. If you can’t make it to your regular workout, don’t sweat it. Just find a different way to get moving.
- Don’t compare yourself to others. Everyone’s fitness journey is different. Just focus on your own progress and don’t worry about what other people are doing.
- Reward yourself for your workouts. This will help you to stay motivated and avoid feeling guilty if you have to skip a workout.
Remember, exercise is important, but it’s not the only thing that matters. Your health and well-being are more important than any one workout. So don’t feel guilty if you have to skip a workout. Just get back to it when you can.
A great way we like to motivate ourselves to workout when we aren’t feeling it is to take a pre workout. As soon as you drink that sucker, there is no turning back! And not just any ol’ pre workout, but a natural one like POW. POW is a natural pre workout that enhances your mind and muscles to help you maximize your workouts. Work out hard and recover smoothly with clinically tested ingredients in doses that deliver.