Summer is a great time to get outside and enjoy the warm weather. Getting in Vitamin D, feeling the breeze and having natural all around you can be pretty powerful. But if you’re planning on exercising, it’s important to take some precautions to avoid heat-related illness. Here are 10 tips for exercising in the summer heat.
10 Tips For Exercising In Summer Heat:
- Start slowly. If you’re not used to exercising in hot weather, start slowly and gradually increase the intensity and duration of your workouts.
- Avoid exercising during the hottest part of the day. The risk of heat-related illness is highest between 10am and 4pm, so try to exercise in the morning or evening when it’s cooler.
- Drink plenty of fluids. It’s important to stay hydrated when you’re exercising in hot weather. Drink water or sports drinks throughout your workout and even after you’re done.
- Wear loose-fitting, light-colored clothing. This will help your body to stay cool.
- Take breaks. If you start to feel lightheaded, dizzy, or nauseated, take a break from your workout and cool down.
- Listen to your body. If you’re feeling too hot or tired, stop exercising and cool down.
- Find a shady spot to exercise. If you can’t avoid exercising during the hottest part of the day, find a shady spot to work out.
- Wet your skin. If you’re feeling hot, wet your skin with water or a cool towel. This will help your body to cool down.
- Apply sunscreen. Even if you’re exercising in the shade, it’s important to apply sunscreen to protect your skin from the sun’s harmful rays.
- Be aware of the signs of heat-related illness. The signs of heat-related illness include:
- Pale or flushed skin
- Rapid breathing
- High body temperature
If you experience any of these symptoms, stop exercising and cool down immediately. If your symptoms don’t improve, seek medical attention.
By following these tips, you can stay safe and cool while exercising in summer heat.
Exercising in the summer might be one of our favorite ways to exercise. Just watch out for that heat. By following these tips, you can stay safe and cool while getting a great workout. So get out there and enjoy yourself!
A great way to make sure your body stays hydrated is to rehydrate to beat the summer heat with RESCUE. Take RESCUE before, during or after burning some calories to help repair your muscles and rehydrate. With a light and refreshing taste, RESCUE is there to lift you up for your next big move. Work out hard and recover effortlessly.