We all get sore muscles here and there, but what about those that live a more demanding life with their jobs and get sore muscles frequently. For those of you that this pertains to, what are you doing to take care of these sore muscles and your body? Do you take Epson Salt baths? Do you rub creams on your muscles? These are all great habits but what are you fueling your body with to help with your sore muscles? You should be drinking RESCUE! But first, why do our muscles hurt in the first place?
Help! Why Do My Muscles Hurt?
When muscles are required to work harder than they’re used to or in a different way, it’s believed to cause microscopic damage to the muscle fibers, resulting in muscle soreness or stiffness. People that can experience this more often are nurses, doctors, firefighters, construction workers, chefs, etc. These are the types of lifestyles that need more TLC but probably aren’t giving themselves the extra love. Plus, BCAAs!
What are BCAAs?
BCAAs are the essential amino acids leucine, isoleucine and valine, which comprise around 35% of your body’s muscle protein. They are called “essential” because your body doesn’t make them on its own. They’re the building blocks of protein. But these particular aminos in BCAAs help preserve muscle glycogen stores, which fuel your muscles and minimize protein breakdown hard work.
BCAAs to the RESCUE
Our RESCUE can help sore muscles recover faster. It doesn’t take much time commitment and you can bring it with you to the job site. It is an instantized vegan BCAA formula that helps support muscle recovery and promote lean muscle protein synthesis for men and women with a perfectly balanced ratio of 2:1:1.
Think of RESCUE as your favorite superhero sidekick. Take it before work, during, or after a hard workday to help repair your muscles and rehydrate.
Our trademarked Watermelon Recovery Matrix is the secret that is rich in L-Citrulline, which helps improve muscle recovery and support nitric oxide production.
Additional Ways to Help Your Sore Muscles Recover Faster
- Get more sleep: Sleep deprivation can have a significant negative effect on performance and recovery.
- Keep hydrated: Fluid helps to remove the metabolic waste a heavy lifting day produces.
- Eat protein before bed: Research shows that consuming a light, protein-rich snack before bed allows our bodies to keep repairing muscles overnight.
- Foam roll: A lot of soreness that goes along with exercise occurs when our muscles and fascia becomes “knotted.”
- Skip the booze: Alcohol interferes with the synthesis of protein, which means it can mess up the body’s ability to repair the muscles.
Next time you have a tough day at work give yourself some extra love, even before the muscle soreness kicks in, drink some RESCUE and give your body some TLC.