When you hear the word caffeine your mind probably drifts off to some exotic location a cupped hand holding dark coffee beans or rows of coffee plants. The truth is a different story, the US is one of the largest importers of synthetic caffeine. Most of which is made in China by large pharmaceutical companies. The product is a fine white powder reminiscent of an episode from Breaking Bad.
Synthetic Caffeine – Not-so-fun facts
- The primary ingredient, Ammonia is used to make Urea & then further processed.
- Found in most Energy Drinks & Sodas not labeled Natural Caffeine
- Much cheaper to produce & easier to source
- Most of the US supply is produced in China (EU banned most of these factories due to health concerns)
- Some studies suggest it is Faster Acting but “natural caffeine has a more consistent and lasting effect than synthetic caffeine when it comes to cognition and moods.” Clarkson University
- Is further processed to remove an unappealing glow using ingredients like sodium nitrite, acetic acid, sodium carbonate, and chloroform.
- First synthetically mass-produced by Nazi Germany due to a coffee shortage. Chemical Engineering News
Natural Caffeine – Fast Facts
- Primary ingredients used to make it are Green Coffee Seed & Green Tea. Other sources include Cocoa Beans & Kola nuts.
- Found in some Energy Drinks like Super Fuel by EBOOST.
- More expensive to produce and source.
- Natural Caffeine takes longer to peak in the blood according to a double-blind study published on NIH.GOV
- No processing with harsh chemicals is necessary after extraction.
Which Energy Drinks use Synthetic Caffeine?
Many of the most popular energy drinks use synthetic caffeine, mostly as a way to reduce production costs. As can be expected this is not something they openly promote! Energy drinks that use naturally sourced caffeine generally indicate this fact on their packaging. A leading Energy drink company also misleads consumers by talking about natural caffeine sources in their ingredients page and masking the fact that they use synthetic caffeine. We found this sentence: “Whether present in natural sources or in “X” Energy Drink your body processes caffeine the same way.”
In short, if it doesn’t claim to use naturally sourced caffeine, you are probably drinking synthetic caffeine.
Other Synthetic Ingredients Common in Non-Natural Energy Drinks.
- Preservatives (Multiple)
- Aspartame – Sweetener
- Taurine (Commonly Synthetically made Amino Acid)
- Acesulfame K – Sweetener
- Saccharin – Sweetener
- sucralose – Sweetener
- neotame – Sweetener
- Artificial Flavors (Multiple)
- Synthetic Coloring Agents (Multiple)
Why SUPER FUEL doesn’t compromise and uses Natural Caffeine, Sweeteners & Flavors
Keeping it clean is everything. We don’t compromise because you shouldn’t have to. And we plan to push harder and go farther to keep you bold, focused, and naturally driven. So we created a clean energy drink that uses Natural Sourced Caffeine from Coffee Seed & Green Tea, uses natural sweeteners like Honey & Steviol Glycosides as well as not using any artificial flavors or color.
We made it in four great flavors and would love to give you the chance to try a Clean Natural Energy Drink for just $1 with free delivery.
SUPER FUEL FLAVORS
- Ginger Lime
- Strawberry Lemonade
- Orange Mango
- Blue Raspberry