Many of us have come to a point now where we have been working from home for quite a while now and it isn’t as easy as it used to be to go out to lunch with a co-worker. You might be finding yourself in a rut on what to make yourself for lunch. Are you on week two of the same sandwich or salad for lunch each day? Here are three plant-based recipes that only need five ingredients. Plus, they are healthy, packed with vegetables, and certainly don’t lack in flavor.
Zucchini Noodles With Spicy Peanut Sauce
- ½ cup peanut butter, chunky
- 1 TBS sriracha
- ½ lime, juiced
- ¼ cup of water
- 2 large zucchinis
- 4 green onions, chopped, keep light and discard the dark
- salt, to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the peanut butter, Sriracha, lime juice, and water. Whisk until smooth.
- Shave the zucchini into wide ribbons with a vegetable peeler.
- Add the zucchini ribbons and green onions to the sauce and toss until coated.
- Season with salt to taste.
Plant-Based Deviled “Eggs’
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 avocado
- Paprika for sprinkling
- Place the chickpeas, mustard, nutritional yeast, and sea salt in a food processor and process until creamy.
- Place in the fridge and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Cut the avocado in half, remove the pit and scoop the garbanzo mixture directly into the avocado halves.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
Nut Butter Falafel
- 14 oz. (400 g) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup chopped cooked pumpkin
- ½ cup (50 g) almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder (this doesn’t count as an ingredient-ha)
- 3 TBS creamy peanut butter
- 1 TBS lemon juice
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a blender until combined.
- Roll the mixture into 16 balls with your hands.
- Place the balls on a baking sheet (lined with parchment paper is best).
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
If you need plant-based breakfast inspirations too, here are ‘4 Plant-Based Breakfast Recipes’.
- EBOOST Probiotic Zucchini Brownies
- 3 Recipes to Use Your Ripe Avocados Now
- 3 Easy & Healthy Two-ingredient Snacks
- 3 Sweet Potato Recipes Leaving You Wanting More
- Create Your Own Protein Cookie with this Formula