We have breakfast options for the busy mom, the early gym-goer, someone that likes to take mornings a little slower, and those that are just looking for a no-fuss ‘just throw it together’ breakfast. Plus, every one of these breakfasts are plant-based, delicious and full of nutritious ingredients.
Post-Workout Green Smoothie
For those that like to slide in a workout first thing in the morning and need to refuel with protein, carbohydrates, and healthy fats.
- 2 scoops protein (we recommend a plant-based protein powder)
- 2 cups almond milk
- ½ avocado
- 1 banana
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 TBS chia seeds and/or flaxseeds
Throw everything in a blender and blend until smooth.
Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oats
For those that are looking for the no-fuss ‘just throw it together’ breakfast.
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 TBS chia seeds
- 1 tsp maple syrup (or sweetener of choice)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 apple, diced
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- Combine oats, almond milk, chia seeds, maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla extract in a glass container or bowl. Stir well to evenly mix. Cover and store in the fridge overnight.
- Remove from fridge.
- Mix together to evenly combine. If too thick, slowly add a bit more almond milk.
- Top with apple and walnuts (optional, extra cinnamon dusting on top).
Super Easy Superfood Cereal
For those moms looking for something quick to eat and also feed to their kids as well. This cereal is easy to throw together and prep ahead of time.
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup buckwheat groats
- 1 cup cacao nibs
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup organic puffed rice
- 1/2 cup flaxseeds
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Put everything in a large bowl and mix.
- Store in an airtight container
- Pour 1/4 to 1/2 cup of cereal into a bowl and add yogurt or milk.
Savory Avocado Toast
For those that have the extra time to take it slow in the morning and really enjoy every bite. Although this breakfast is not entirely plant-based, we just think it is a match made in heaven.
- 2 slices of gluten-free white bread or sourdough bread
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 avocado
- pinch of salt or a fancier salt like black truffle salt
- a drizzle of chili oil if you like a little spice to your morning
- Choose how to prepare your eggs out of these options: over easy, overhard, poached, or soft boil.
- While eggs are cooking, spread the 1/4 of the avocado on each slice of bread. Feel free to toast your bread too for an extra crunch and warmth.
- When eggs are done cooking, place one egg on each piece of avocado bread.
- Top with salt and oil.
If you are looking to carry this meatless morning into a meatless day, check out these recipes for more delicious inspiration.