After spending enough time in the gym, you will quickly learn that you cannot keep doing your same workout routine for too long before you stop seeing results. The road to a stronger and leaner physique is more than just sweating a lot and lifting heavy weights. You need to challenge your muscles in different ways–different angles, different tempos, different workouts and overall just changing it up and keeping your muscles guessing all the time. You need to shock your muscles to grow, especially if you’ve been training with more standard methods or the same routine for a while.
Benefits of Supersets
- Supersets save time by reducing the rest interval between two exercises.
- Supersets shorten the rest period between sets will increase intensity by performing more work in less time.
- Supersets also allow you to increase the intensity of your workout by overloading a muscle.
- Supersets also come in different types so you can always provide variety in your variety. Types: pre-exhaustion, compound supersets, isolation supersets, opposing muscle group supersets, and staggered set supersets.
Change Your Grip
Ways to Change Your Grip and Stance
- Narrow Grip
- Wide Grip
- Underhand Grip
- Normal Grip
- Narrow Stance
- Wide Stance
- Normal Stance
- Toes In
- Toes Out
Benefits of Changing Your Tempo
- Teaches control through movement.
- Addresses potential weaknesses.
- Adds Training Variety
- Time under tension
- Reduced Injury Risk
Next time you are in the gym, try changing your grip or changing your tempo or trying a superset or try them all in one workout. Adding this type of variety will keep your muscles guessing and that is the key to pushing through plateaus or never reaching one.
Ready to hit the weights? Next time you step up to the weights, try it while drinking our pre-workout, POW. Reach and exceed your personal best with POW Natural Pre-workout. Designed to work within minutes and keep you feeling strong, not shaky. It’s no surprise POW has a cult following of celebrities, trainers, athletes, nutritionists and health conscious shoppers. Whether you are a novice or expert trainer, POW is safe and effective for all fitness levels.