Welcome to Week 4, Day 4 of the EBOOST Fitness Holiday Challenge!
Each week we are challenging you to focus on your health and fitness for all 7 days each week, including five days of workouts, one full rest day, and one active rest day. This is by no means a strict plan you need to follow. If you have a current workout routine that you are loving feel free to keep at it because you can still participate in our challenge with the chance to win prizes by posting your images on Instagram and tagging @EBOOST, #eboost, and #fitnessholidaychallenge. Each post is an entry into a chance at winning one of our prizes–Apple Watch Nike+ Series 4, EBOOST gift cards and more! To see the full list of prizes, please check out our Fitness Holiday Challenge Overview blog post.
Today is the day you have been waiting for all week, a rest day! HECK YEAH!
It is extremely important to rest while working out. Your body needs time to recover from the intense work you put in the first three days of this week. As much as resting is important, what you are eating this week is just as important too. Even though we do not have an eating plan set up with this challenge, we thought we could inspire you or educate you on a meal that is perfect to eat while doing this challenge.
Today’s recipe focuses on cooking something easy and healthy. The highlight of the dish is turmeric. Turmeric has numerous amount of benefits including – being a natural anti-inflammatory, dramatically increases the antioxidant capacity of the body, lowers your risk of heart disease, prevent cancer, and the list goes on.
Turmeric Chicken One Pot Meal
Serves 4 – Whole30 and Paleo friendly
1.5 lbs chicken breast, chopped into small pieces
1 tbsp avocado oil
1/2 head cabbage, chopped
3 carrots, grated
1 tbsp turmeric
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
6 green onions, chopped
3 cups kale
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a large skillet over medium heat add oil–once hot, add chicken, and cook until chicken is starting to brown, about 6-8 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking chop cabbage and grate carrots.
- Once the chicken is about cooked, add about half the cabbage to the pan.
- As soon as it starts to cook down, add the rest of the cabbage and cook until soft.
- Add turmeric, garlic powder and sea salt to pan.
- Mix to evenly combine everything in the pan.
- Lastly, add the green onions and kale.
- Stir until everything is mixed and turn heat down to low. Simmer for 2-3 minutes.
Remove from heat and enjoy! Don’t forget to share your pictures on Instagram so we can see how you are using our recipes in this fitness holiday challenge.