Welcome to Week 2, Day 7 of the EBOOST Fitness Holiday Challenge!
Each week we are challenging you to focus on your health and fitness for all 7 days each week, including five days of workouts, one full rest day, and one active rest day. This is by no means a strict plan you need to follow. If you have a current workout routine that you are loving feel free to keep at it because you can still participate in our challenge with the chance to win prizes by posting your images on Instagram and tagging @EBOOST, #eboost, and #fitnessholidaychallenge. Each post is an entry into a chance at winning one of our prizes–Apple Watch Nike+ Series 4, EBOOST gift cards and more! To see the full list of prizes, please check out our Fitness Holiday Challenge Overview blog post.
Today is a particularly fun day because we are sharing with you a recipe that can help you aid in bringing a bit more nutrition to your rest and recovery day that is Day 7 in this challenge. Day 7 is all about partaking in a very light activity that still keeps you moving but one that doesn’t stress out your body or muscles. Things like this include walking your dog, grocery shopping for your meal prepping, walking around the neighborhood, playing outside with your kids, etc. As long as you are moving and not just sitting on the couch all day or stationary, then you have achieved today’s goals.
Day 7: Active Rest Day + Recipe
Today we are sharing a recipe that is perfect to prep ahead of time and take with you to work for lunch or even as an easy dinner to put together in the evening time.
Chicken Salad Bacon Lettuce Cups
also paleo and whole30 friendly, serves 4
1 lb organic boneless and skinless free-range chicken, shredded (precooked for an even faster recipe)
1/2 cup homemade mayo or avocado oil based mayo
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 green onions, chopped into thin slices
8 strips of nitrate free, sugar-free, organic thick sliced bacon
12 leaves organic romaine leaves
pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- Cook your bacon over the stove, and pat dry to remove access grease. When the bacon is cool, chop up into bite size pieces and place in a medium bowl for later.
- Chop up the onion and then place in the bowl with the bacon.
- Add in the garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- If you chicken is already cooked, then throw that into the bowl as well. If it isn’t cooked already then feel free to use the bacon fat you cooked off the bacon to cook the chicken in a pan on the stove.
- Add in your mayo to the bowl and stir everything up until you have chicken salad.
- Plate 3 of the romaine leaves and add 3 TBS of the chicken salad mixture on top of each leaf.