I can eat vegan ice cream after a workout for muscle recovery!?
You sure can!
Well, you can eat this ice cream for muscle recovery, at least!
This recipe focuses on centering the ingredients around vegan and gluten-free whole food ingredients that taste just as good, instead of typical ice cream that is loaded with refined sugar and dairy.
We have added in our BCAAs, RESCUE for muscle recovery. RESCUE is a vegan formula that helps support muscle recovery and promote lean muscle protein synthesis for men and women with a perfectly balanced ratio of 2:1:1.
Make this ahead of time so it is ready to enjoy after your next workout.
Watermelon Mint Vegan Ice Cream
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1 serving watermelon RESCUE
- A handful of fresh mint
- 2 bananas
- 2 servings plant-based protein powder
- Pinch of salt
- Combine all the ingredients in a high-speed blender or food processor. Blend, using the tamper or stopping to scrape down the sides as needed, until creamy and smooth.
- Eat immediately as a soft serve or thick smoothie type consistency or freeze in a rectangular freezer-safe container for 3-4 hours until scoop-able.
- 3 Summery Ways to Consume BCAAs
- Watermelon BCAAs 3 Ways
- An EBOOST Coconut Protein Smoothie, 3 Ways.
- Recipe Makeover: Vanilla and Chocolate Ice Cream
- Banana Ginger Vegan Ice Cream (made with SPRUCE®)