I heard once that the grocery stores actually sell more ice cream over the winter months than any other time of year. Crazy, right!? I like to think that the reason is due to people in the summertime being outside and getting their ice cream from ice cream shops around town or the local ice cream truck, but what I really hope is that more people are making their own ice cream at home. That just has to be the reason why sales go down in the summer right!? More people are getting creative in the kitchen and making ice cream that is healthier, not full of added sugar and doesn’t require those bulky ice cream makers. If not, then I am about to inspire you all to do just that–make healthier ice cream in your very own kitchen without the need for any crazy ice cream machines.
Simple Vegan Vanilla Ice Cream
1 14 oz can full-fat coconut milk or coconut cream
¼ cup high-quality maple syrup or monk fruit syrup
¼ cup almond butter
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
¼ tsp sea salt
- Place all ingredients into a Vitamix (or another high-powered blender.
- Blend on high for 30 seconds, or until smooth.
- Pour mixture from the Vitamix into a freezer-friendly container.
- Put it in the freezer and stir by hand every 15 minutes until it’s frozen.
- Makes about 1 pint of ice cream.
Chocolate Banana Ice Cream
4 frozen bananas, peeled
1/4 cup cocoa powder
2 tablespoons almond butter
1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla cashew milk or nondairy milk of choice
- Place the frozen bananas, cocoa powder, almond butter, and milk into your food processor.
- Start pulsing the mixture.
- Scrape the sides of the food processor then continue processing on high until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Either eat right away or freeze for a couple hours if you would like the ice cream to be a bit harder.
- Banana Ginger Vegan Ice Cream (made with SPRUCE®)
- An EBOOST Coconut Protein Smoothie, 3 Ways.
- 3 Valentine’s Day Themed Smoothies
- 3 Ways to Make Hot Chocolate Healthier
- Chocolate Nut Butter Protein Bites