Quarantining isn’t going to stop us from celebrating mom this weekend. Even though you can’t take her out to her favorite restaurant, there are plenty of other things you can do for mom–like breakfast in bed. In fact, these ideas might even be her favorite yet. Why? Because they are sentimental and you put forth the effort to make her day special, despite the unprecedented times we are in.
Before we get to breakfast in bed, first surprise your mother with flowers. Ordering flowers online is super easy and they are delivered right to her front door. Have them scheduled the day before, so that you can surprise her with them as she wakes up. If you don’t want to order flowers, take a little drive to find some wildflowers or pick some from your yard (or maybe even from a neighbor’s yard if you get permission).
Make her breakfast in bed. You know the drill, over here we like to share recipes that are healthy. Make her a special drink and breakfast to really start off her day on the (healthy) right foot.
- one packet SUPER POWDER, orange
- 4oz champagne
- 4oz water
- Mix the SUPER POWDER and water together.
- Add champagne.
If you don’t have SUPER POWDER, then sticking to the traditional orange juice works well too.
Mother’s Day Fritatta Muffins
- 12 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 3/4 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- Sliced avocado, for serving
- Salsa, for serving
- Crumbled feta cheese, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease a muffin pan with coconut oil cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Then fold in the spinach, tomatoes, and onions.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the 12 muffin pan cups.
- Bake the muffins for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the egg is fully cooked.
- Remove the muffins from the oven. Let cool for 5-10 minutes
- When you are ready to serve, top each muffin with sliced avocado, a dollop of salsa and a sprinkling of cheese.
Healthier French Toast
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 slices of her favorite whole grain bread
- 2/3 cup blueberries
- 1 cup additional berry of choice
- pure maple syrup, to serve
- pinch of lemon zest, to serve
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat with light oil.
- In a bowl with a large flat bottom, whisk together the eggs, milk, and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Take one slice of the bread and dip it in the egg mixture. Make sure you flip the bread over to coat both sides evenly.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until lightly browned.
- Place on a plate.
- Repeat with the second slice.
- Serve topped with berries a drizzle with maple syrup and a light dusting of the lemon zest.
If you are looking to add a little dessert to her breakfast, check out our breakfast brownies.
- Eboost Orange Chocolate Energy Muffins
- 4 Easy Plant-based Breakfasts to Try Today
- Gather Your Friend and Brunch It Up the EBOOST Way
- 3 Guilt-Free Super Bowl Recipes
- 3 Recipes to Use Your Ripe Avocados Now