Yup! You sure did. I am not sure what is better in life, having dessert or having dessert for breakfast. Not only can you eat brownies for breakfast but we live for a healthy well-balanced breakfast and these brownies live for it.
I should probably also let you in on the little secret that this isn’t actually just brownies, it is brownie batter and it is disguised as oatmeal.
Today I am sharing with you a brownie batter oatmeal recipe. I am going to give you the step-by-step process on how to make it and how to prep it for future breakfasts too, because once you have this once you are going to want it over and over again.
Not a believer?
I guess you will have to try for yourself.
But seriously, the best part about this recipe is that it only takes about 10 minutes to whip up and it feels like you’re enjoying something a little naughty for breakfast but it is completely good for you!
The key to this recipe is prepping it ahead of time. You need at least 4 hours but overnight is always the easiest for me.
Brownie Batter Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 1/2 TBS unsweetened cacao powder
- 1 TBS raw chia seeds
- 1 tsp granulated golden monk fruit
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt (dairy or non-dairy)
- 1 tsp nut butter (no sugar added)
- 1/2 cup milk (dairy or non-dairy, but unsweetened)
- 1 TBS dark chocolate chips (or cacao nibs for a non-dairy option)
- 1 serving chocolate or vanilla protein powder
1. In a jar, mix together the oats, cacao powder, chia seeds, and monk fruit. You may decide to omit the monk fruit if you think your protein powder has a sweet enough taste for you.
2. Next add the yogurt, nut butter, and milk. Mix again until well combined.
3. Then add 1/2 the chocolate chips or nibs and stir one more time. Save the rest of the chips or nips to sprinkle on top or just add them all in now.
4. Let it sit in the fridge for 4 hours (or overnight) to thicken then enjoy.
If when you are ready to eat it and it is too thick, go ahead and add a little more liquid to get things moving again.
This oatmeal is a great way to get in a decent amount of protein and fiber into your morning. (Hallelujah to keeping things regular!)
- Vegan Protein Chocolate Pumpkin Brownies in a Jar
- EBOOST Probiotic Zucchini Brownies
- Chocolate Protein Fro-Yo Recipe
- Protein Almond Butter Cups perfect for Halloween
- EBOOST Fall Inspired Breakfast Oat Bake