How many times have you been in the gym and look outside just to think how beautiful it is outside? You can still get in a great workout and not step foot inside. It is time to take advantage of these long summer days and take your workout outside. Your workouts can be anything from an something incredibly intense to giving your body a nice stretch or even a little bit of mental meditation.
Here are a couple of new ways to take your active life outside –
Just Add Sand
It isn’t too much simpler than that. Next time you are pulling out your at home workout to give a try. Take it to the beach instead. Adding the uneven sand underneath you will up the challenge significantly.
Find a Playground
Playgrounds are full of bars and pieces of equipment that you can get really creative with.
- You can use the monkey bars to practice your grip strength.
- The high bars to practice your pull-ups.
- The sand to practice long jumps or high jumps
- Elevated lunges on some higher platforms
- Swing from the monkey bars
- Bench step-ups
- Decline pushups on steps
- Leg lifts and triceps dips on the uneven bars
Mobility in the Sun
Not only are you able to take in some vitamin D and breath in some fresh air, the warmth from the sun will help your muscles loosen up easier for stretching and mobility work. You may be surprised as to how much easier your muscles want to move easier and loosen up.
Adding a new element to a routine is perfect for the changing seasons. This can help welcome the season, as well as mix up your routine for a bit. We are big believers in changing workouts with the season, you read why over at our article – The Importance of Changing Your Workout Routine With Each Season. Remember you don’t have to add a whole laundry list of new activities to the list. We are merely suggesting that you keep up with your same routine but change your environment.
- 3 Key Techniques to Muscle Growth and Breaking Through Plateaus
- EBOOST Fitness Holiday Challenge Week 4 Day 3
- Why Running on the Beach Can be Better?
- Exercises Some of the Top Football Players in the NFL Do
- The Best Anti-Aging Workout, According to Studies