Oh man, do you ever remember when you were younger playing sports, you would run as hard as you can and then come to the sidelines and just chug a whole bottle of Gatorade? Sure you gave your body a lot of electrolytes and sugar but then do you remember getting called back into play by your coach and all you can feel while you are running is the Gatorade just sloshing around in your stomach? Of course, this isn’t Gatorade’s fault (don’t want to make it seem like we are picking on anyone) it was with any liquid you would chug to quench your thirst. The felling would leave you so distracted that you couldn’t perform at your optimal level.
Now has anyone been guilty of doing this still as an adult? If so, we are here to share with you the way you should stay hydrated during an intense sweaty exhausting workout. We get it, some workouts just leave you wanting to drink gallons of water to rehydrate, however, you don’t want it to drag you down.
Next time you find yourself gulping down water or better yet wanting to gulp down water, remember this instead –
- Drink water before your workout. Like really drink a good amount of water before you work out. Let’s say 30 minutes before a workout. This will even be helpful if you are working out with little food, as this will give your body an illusion of being full.
- During your workout, don’t gulp – sip.
- Try taking in enough water to fill your mouth half way and then slosh it around in your mouth before you swallow it. This will help hydrate your whole mouth and not just the portion that leads to the throat.
- Take a sip of water every 15 minutes or so. This should leave you feeling hydrated enough and stop you from getting any urges to gulp water.
- When you are done with your workout, feel free to hydrate as you please. And of course don’t be shy about putting in a SUPER POWDER packet into your bottle of water too!
- What does Drinking 16 oz of Water Every Morning Teach You?
- If You Are Thirsty You are Already Dehydrated
- 5 Ways to Getting the Most Out of Your Workouts
- A 14-Day Jump Start That is Not a Juice Cleanse
- 7 Tips on How to Travel Like a Pro