Kimberley French is a 30-year-old mom of two young kids, ages 2 and 4. As is normal with pregnancy, Kim experienced some weight gain. After her second baby was born in May 2016, Kim shared with POPSUGAR, “I had put on a massive three stone [42 pounds] in weight and was 14 stone [198 pounds].” Three months after giving birth, Kim started on her goal to lose the baby weight and get back to a size she was happy with.
Kim crushed her goal by doing “copious amounts of cardio, which I thought to be the right thing to do at the time, but it left me flabby with a ‘skinny fat’ physique.” So in October 2016, for the first time in her life, Kim decided to join a gym. She said, “I wanted to start building muscle and shape my body with curves. I knew I wanted to build my booty and upper body so I increased my calories up to 1,800 and trained four times a week.”
At the beginning, Kim was doing one hour of weight training and then an additional 40 to 50 minutes of cardio with each session. Although she started to build muscle and look…
- 7 Women Share What They Wish They Knew On Day One Of Their Weight-Loss Journeys
- The Biggest Mistakes People Make When Intermittent Fasting
- Wave goodbye to your chicken wings: Personal trainer reveals the best workouts for ditching upper arm flab
- 12 workout habits you think are good for you, but aren’t
- This Is The Least Effective Cardio Machine At The Gym