There is something about how a barbell loaded with multiple 45lb plates stack on either ends feels in your mix grip hands, as you bend over at the waist with your knees slightly bent, drive your heels into the ground, keep your chest lifted and just pull that mother sucker off of the ground – to just drop it right back down.
It absolutely is! The deadlift is one of the most powerful moves you can perform with weights. Driven by the power of your hamstrings, these bad boys really give excellent results. However, the lower back can get compromised if you aren’t careful with your form, especially when the weight keeps getting heavier and heavier.
BJ Gaddour shares with Men’s Health Magazine, two variations of a deadlift that are safer for your back. To the older men out there, listen up.
- Fitness Friday: Hamstring Curls Edition
- Try This Butt Sculpting Kettlebell Workout
- EBOOST Fitness Holiday Challenge Week 1 Day 3
- Why You Should Add Box Squats into Leg Day
- Hump Day Calls for Butt Exercises–Here are Four to Add into Your Exercise Routine!