Pomegranate seeds may have superpowers. According to Livestrong, these mighty, tiny seeds back a lot of punch. Pomegranate seeds are low in calories, high in fiber, high in vitamins and high in phytochemicals that may promote heart health and help to prevent cancer. Now that sounds like a superpower to us! It’s pretty easy to find this tangy fruit at this time of year and they are amazing when added to just about any dish. The Gracious Pantry has a “Clean Eating” Mandarin, Walnut Pomegranate & Chicken Salad that looks great. Make your co-workers jealous and make this for lunch! Plus, there recipe has great video to show you how to quickly and easily get the seeds out of the fruit.
photo credit: Chany Crystal / Flickr Creative Commons
- 3 Fruits to Avoid When Watching your Sugar
- Trying to Lose Weight? Is Fruit a Friend or a Foe?
- 3 Reasons Why Salads Have Way More Calories Than You Think
- 5 Different Ways to Eat Eggs
- A Secret Healthy Ingredient to Making Food Taste Delicious