We’re pumped to welcome our first super fab guest blogger, fashion stylist Catherine Sheppard of The Life Styled! She’ll be giving us all the down low on how to achieve a “New Year New You” style and she’s also giving away an Ultimate Wardrobe Makeover + a $500 shopping spree in our Style BOOST Makeover Sweepstakes! Enter Now and check out her top five tips for revamping your wardrobe in 2012:
1. Clear it out! Each year, our wardrobes collect more and more things and the old stuff we don’t wear just gets more out of date. If you don’t love it, get rid of it! You’ll feel a huge weight lifted, and now you’ll just have more room for some fun new things.
2. Shop your closet. Do your hair and makeup, pour yourself a nice beverage and spend some time trying on your clothes. When you’re not getting dressed to run out somewhere, you’ll have more fun piecing outfits together. It will give you a chance to find things you love that you forgot about, and come up with new ideas of how to wear them.
3. Invest in staples. We all know it’s fun to go shopping but sometimes we end up aimlessly buying things that we don’t actually need or will be sick of after a couple of wears. Plan ahead for what you need, and save your splurges for the basics like a nice pair of black heels or a new handbag. Timeless items like those will be the backbone of your outfits and you’ll wear them for years.
4. Have fun with accessories. Don’t stop at the clothes! Adding a fun scarf, a statement necklace, or a stack of bracelets can really make an outfit look smart and chic, even if you’re just going out to run errands.
5. Don’t underestimate the underpinnings. The right undergarments are oh so important in making our clothes look good. Get fitted for your bra size, and make sure you keep a decent variety of colors and textures so you have something for every outfit – black for under dark things, nude for under light things, etc.
- 5 ways to love your body more
- 6 Things Trainers Wish They Could Tell You
- 4 Ways To Give Off Positive Energy Every Day
- 4 ways to have a successful week
- 4 ways to enjoy the fall season while being stuck in the office