Summer has come and gone which also means so long cookouts, barbecues, and s’mores, but fall is all about warming you from the inside out. That cozy weather, as a lot of people like to call it, and what is cozier than eating soups, roasted veggies, hot sandwiches, and cooked apples. Fall is a fun time to get the oven and stove both going at the same time and have some fun in the kitchen. Today we are sharing with you our favorite fall appetizer for this year.
Whether you are cooking for yourself, your partner, your family, or a small gathering, everyone is sure to fall in the love with this tasty appetizer.
Carrot and Cheese Bites
Kind of like those mac ‘n cheese balls you find at restaurants but healthier. Every age is sure to love these, from your toddler to your grandparents, this appetizer does not discriminate against age.
- 2 medium slices of sourdough bread (may swap for gluten free or any bread of your liking)
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated (may also swap for melty dairy free cheese)
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Black pepper
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Farhenhuit.
- Next step is to crumble the bread. This can be done my crumbling it with your hands or using a food processor.
- Once your bread is into crumbs, add the breadcrumbs to a mixing bowl, along with the grated carrot and grated cheese. Mix to combine.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Next you will need to use your hands to shape the mixture into balls – approximately 15 balls.
- Then place them on a well oiled baking tray, and bake for around 30 minutes, or until crispy and slightly browned.