Maybe on a leisurely Saturday or Sunday, you have time to cook up a nutritionally well-rounded breakfast, but for many people, mornings during the week are pretty chaotic. Exponentially so if you have kids and especially with kids going back to school right now. However, a nutritious breakfast does not need to be compromised because you lack time. Not sure where to begin? Well, our first step was to take out the cooking part. Cooking takes time and you have already proven you don’t have any to spare. So here are a few no-cook easy breakfasts that don’t lack the nutrients to keep you well fueled for the morning.
Avocado Protein Toast
Bread is a staple in most households, so this recipe should be an easy go-to. The only potential bummer could possibly be that you don’t have a ripe avocado. We always try to buy an avocado for now and one for later, that way there is always one ready when you need them.
- 2 slices of toast
- full fat cottage cheese
Place your bread in the toaster, slap on some cottage cheese (this is to give yourself a good protein boost in the morning), add a couple avocado slices and tomato. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper and you are ready to run out the door with breakfast in hand.
No-Bake Oatmeal Protein Bars
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup vanilla protein powder
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Place the almond butter and honey in the microwave until softened. Then mix together.
- In a separate bowl, mix the rolled oats and protein powder together. Then add in the softened almond butter and honey. Mix thoroughly and evenly.
- Last fold in the chocolate chips and then place the entire mixture in an 8×8 cake pan covered with wax paper. Freeze for about 20-30 minutes.
- Cut into small bars and take on-the-go!
Keeping some granola and a big tub of Greek yogurt on hand will help make this breakfast the easiest of them all.
- Greek Yogurt
- Toppings like granola, fresh fruit, honey, etc.
- Grab some yogurt and add your toppings. It is literally that easy.
And of course, we will always be team protein smoothies. A smoothie is always in the top 10 for easy breakfasts. They are a quick way to add in some great ingredients and keep you full all morning long.