While out on the town, you step into a coffee shop and order an ice tea. Sometimes you like it simple and sometimes you like it a bit more creative, but have you ever thought to yourself… “I wish I could make this at home?” Well you can. The process is a lot simpler than you might think. You can go from making any tea iced or you too can get a little creative with your ice teas as well. Here are three delicious ice teas you can make at home from easiest to more complex.
3 Delicious Ice Teas to Make at Home
Simple Ice Tea
- 2-1/4 cups water
- 6 regular-size tea bags
- 6 cups cold water
- In a small saucepan, bring the 2-1/4 cups water to a gentle boil. Remove the saucepan from the heat, add the tea bags, and cover. Steep for 15 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags without squeezing them. Squeezing them can add bitterness to the tea. Pour the steeped tea into a 2-1/2-quart heatproof container and add the 6 cups cold water and mix. Let cool at room temperature and then refrigerate. Serve as desired whether this is over ice, garnished with sugar or lemon wedges.
You can have fun here and try out different teas to see which one you like the best. From herbal to black, there are tons of flavors to try.
Blackberry Mint Ice Tea
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 10 leaves fresh mint
- raw honey, optional
- Follow the same instructions in step 1 for the simple ice tea recipe. Be sure to use green tea as your base.
- Before you pour the tea into your container, add the blackberries, mint and honey then pour in the hot tea and cold water. Mix the mixture together. Feel free to smash the blackberries a bit. Allow to cool to room temperature and then place in fridge.
Our Super Strawberry Arnold Palmer
- 2 cans Strawberry Lemonade SUPER FUEL
- 1 cup strawberries, halved
- black tea simple ice tea recipe
- Make a batch of our simple ice tea recipe using black tea. However, only make it to step 1.
- After you have finished step 1, remove the tea from the heat. Add strawberries to the container and then pour the tea into the container. Allow the mixture to reach room temperature before adding the SUPER FUEL cans. After you have added the cans, refrigerate until you are ready to serve.
- Making Almond Milk is Easier Than It Sounds
- Recipe Makeover: White Bread
- EBOOST Has Your Summer Cocktails Covered
- Ring in the New Year with Healthy EBOOST Cocktails
- EBOOST’s Whole30 Compliant Blueberry Chicken Salad