Do you ever get sick of making recipes and feeling like you are throwing away WAY too much of your produce due to seeds, a stem, etc? If you can relate, then this ‘Zero Waste Soup’ recipe is calling your name.
For this recipe, there won’t be any part of the cauliflower left behind. Yes, those cauliflower leaves will go to a good cause once and for all.
Cauliflower Stem Soup with Curry aka Zero Waste Soup
- Avocado Oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 leek, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 TBS curry powder
- Cauliflower head
- Cauliflower stem, roughly chopped
- 4 TBS Dairy-free cream
- Sea Salt
- Put 2 TBS avocado oil in a saucepan over low-medium heat.
- Add the onions, leek, garlic, and curry powder and sauté until soft.
- Add the chopped cauliflower and cauliflower stem.
- Season with salt and cover the ingredients in the pan with cold water and boil for about 10 minutes until the cauliflower is soft.
- Pour in the cream, then use an immersion blender or place into a blender to blend until smooth.
- Serve with a drizzle of oil on top.
This soup is great served with some shredded chicken and chopped chives sprinkled on top.
For more soup recipes, check out our collection here.
- Gut-Healing Coconut Curry Bone Broth Recipe
- A Soup that is Perfect for Hot Days
- SPRUCE® – your new favorite seasoning
- Embracing the Holidays with a Butternut Squash Soup Recipe
- 4 Ways to Make Broccoli More Exciting to Eat