Yogurt gets a bad reputation. A lot of them have added sugar or at least something that makes them sweet. Sure, there are the plain whole yogurts sitting in the cooler at the grocery store, but typically when you take them home are you actually eating the yogurt as is? Most likely, not. For most of us, we like some sort of sweetness or something added to our yogurt. The more obvious go-to choices are adding some fruit, granola, and maybe even a bit of nut butter – but have you ever tried to go the savory route with your yogurt? Savory yogurt bowls are pretty common in Mediterranean cuisine. They make for a perfect snack while being packed with nutrients.
Check out these easy-to-make healthy savory yogurt bowls. They are light, fresh, and perfect for the warmer temps ahead.
Cucumber Avocado Yogurt Bowl
- ½ 2% (or whole fat) plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ avocado, diced
- ¼ cup diced cucumbers
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Grated lemon zest
- Flaky sea salt
- Optional toppings: roasted chickpea, chopped mint, dill, and/or basil
- Scoop the yogurt in a bowl and make a little well in the center with the back of a spoon. This is more for aesthetics than anything else 😉
- Fill the well with the avocado and cucumber.
- Drizzle a little olive oil on top.
- Add a squeeze of lemon juice, and a sprinkle of lemon zest.
- Garnish with optional toppings and a dash of flaky sea salt.
This bowl is great to enjoy by itself or it is also great with fresh veggies or falafel.
- 2 On-the-Go Healthy Cold Salad Recipes
- 2 Healthy Salads with Avocado Leaving you Wanting More
- A Soup that is Perfect for Hot Days
- Why Avocados and Tomatoes Make a Perfect Pair