How come people don’t talk about the kiwi very much? It is certainly is a cute and tasty little fruit that packs a mighty punch for how small it is. But did you know that a kiwi actually contains more vitamins and minerals than a lot of fruits that are better known as being the ultimate vitamin powerhouse in the fruit world? It’s true, kiwis contain more vitamins and minerals than in bananas and oranges.
Here are a couple facts that might surprise you about a kiwi:
Kiwis contain more Vitamin C than oranges. Not just more, but literally DOUBLE the amount of Vitamin C found in oranges and strawberries.
Yup, that’s right, Kiwis have more potassium than a banana and WAY less sugar. We aren’t talking about dozens of kiwis to equal one banana, but literally, one kiwi has more potassium than one banana. Why aren’t more people talking about this?
Vitamin E and K
Kiwis also contain more vitamin E and vitamin K than most other fruits which are essential to skin health.
Plus, Kiwis are great at supporting your immune system too. Why not make this EBOOST smoothie the next time you purchase kiwis!
Kiwi EBOOST Smoothie
- 2 Kiwis
- 1 handful spinach
- 1/3 cup frozen coconut puree (or 1 serving)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 packet SUPER POWDER
Blend until smooth.
- STRAWBERRY KIWI PROTEIN SMOOTHIE
- Drink up to #thirstythursday with this eboost strawberry kiwi pre-workout smoothie
- 5 Vitamins that are Best for Supporting Your Immune System
- People Magazine: Victoria & Heidi Use EBOOST to Stay Fit
- Take This to Keep Your Immune System Running Efficient