There are certainly some delicious protein cookies on the market, but did you know that protein cookies are actually pretty easy to make at home? We could even bet you might have a lot of these ingredients in your pantry already. This protein cookie formula is easy, simple and you probably have most of the ingredients in your pantry already.
Protein Cookie Formula
Flour + protein + nut butter + applesauce
Chocolate Chip Protein Cookie
- 1 cup flour (we recommend coconut flour)
- 1 cup protein powder
- 1 cup creamy nut butter (like almond or peanut)
- 1 1/2 cups applesauce
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 cup mix in (we recommend dairy-free chocolate chips)
- Preheat the oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix together the coconut flour, protein powder, peanut butter, applesauce, and baking soda.
- Combine well.
- Then fold in chocolate chips.
- Place 2 TBS balls on the baking sheet.
- Flatten with the back of a spoon just slightly.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until edges/bottom are browned.
- Optional, sprinkle some sea salt on top and serve.
Up the protein by preparing a protein shake to wash your protein cookie down.
For a great post workout snack try mixing in some unsweetened dried fruit, different nuts, or add a smashed banana into the cookie dough.