It is that time of year again. Time for all things pumpkin. Today we are sharing ‘3 Healthy Pumpkin Recipes’.
3 Healthy Pumpkin Recipes
Pumpkin Oat Cookies
- 2.5 cups rolled or quick oats
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 2–3 tbsp coconut sugar,
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- Prepare a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl to form a thick dough.
- With a little water on your hands, form 12 cookies. Shape the cookies however you’d like because they won’t change.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
pairs well with chili
- 1 1/4 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup GF 1:1 pastry flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 TBS coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease 12 cup muffin tin with spray coconut oil.
- In a large bowl stir together the dry ingredients: flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg together.
- In a separate large bowl stir together the wet ingredients: pumpkin, egg, almond milk, honey, and melted oil.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Pour evenly into muffin tins.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Pumpkin Chai Latte
- 1 teabag of spiced chai
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 TBS real pumpkin purée
- 1 TBS honey
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp pumpkin spice blend
- Tiny pinch of salt
- Boil ½ cup water.
- Remove the water from heat, add the teabag, and let it steep for 4 minutes.
- Add the almond milk, pumpkin purée, maple syrup, vanilla, pumpkin spice blend, and salt to the pan.
- Pour the mixture into a blender and blend for a minute or two.
- Pour the mixture back into your pan (or keep blending in a Vitamix to warm) and gently rewarm on the stove, then pour it into a mug.
If you are looking for a little alcohol with your pumpkin, try ‘An EBOOST SUPER FUEL Pumpkin Moscow Mule’.