Green Smoothies are a staple in our diets. We have our go-to green smoothies and green protein smoothies, but sometimes it is fun just to spice things up a little bit. Next time you are feeling a little wild, whip up your favorite green smoothie but try adding a little heat in it!
We got a little daring and decided to play with jalapeño for this one!
Turn Up the Heat Green Smoothie
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 avocado, pitted and peeled
- 6 kale leaves, ribs removed and discarded
- 1 TBS chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 TBS fresh lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 jalapeño, with seeds
Remove the seeds of the jalapeño if you want to test the waters first.
In a blender, combine all of the ingredients together and blend until smooth.
Serve immediately and brace yourself. 😉
Feel free to add more of the jalapeño if you want to take it to the next level!
- 3 Spicy Green Smoothies Perfect for Winter
- Turning up the Heat with Taco Tuesday
- Refrigerator Salad with Green Dressing
- Why Avocados and Tomatoes Make a Perfect Pair
- How Many Calories Are Hiding in Your Smoothie?