During quarantine, many people are turning to the kitchen for some therapy. Floating around TikTok and Instagram are things like whipped coffee and sourdough bread but have you tried the latest craze, Pancake Cereal? This recipe can pack a lot of calories so, of course, we have taken a recipe and EBOOSTed it up by making it healthier for us all without lacking any of the flavors. Without further ado – The Healthy Pancake Cereal Recipe.
Additionally, this craze is simply taking normal size pancakes and making them super small to fill a bowl. It isn’t as complicated as it initially might sound.
Healthy Pancake Cereal Recipe
A couple of important things we did to this recipe were to remove the processed ingredients, the sugar, and snuck in some veggies and protein.
- 1 cup of almond flour
- 1/2 cup vanilla unsweetened dairy-free
- 2 organic eggs
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 TBS of raw organic honey
- 1/4 cup plain whole fat greek yogurt
- 1 serving of powered greens (a supplement-many brands to choose from)
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda (this will help them rise)
- Coconut oil for cooking
toppings (feel free to create your own toppings too)
- organic berries
- sliced organic banana or sliced organic pears, peaches, etc.
- a drizzle of raw almond butter
- Mix all ingredients (minus the toppings) together in a bowl until you have a smooth consistency. If it is too thick, add more milk. If it is too runny add more yogurt.
- Heat coconut oil in a large frying pan on medium heat.
- Once hot, scoop small quarter size portions of pancake mixture into the pan. Make sure they don’t touch.
- Once you start to see bubbles, flip with a spatula.
- Cook one more minute-ish and transfer to plate.
- Repeat until the pancake mixture is gone.
- Place in a bowl and add your toppings.
- Take a pic on social media and tag us – @eboost.
If you don’t have ingredients to make your own pancakes, we are fans of Birch Blenders Paleo mix as well.