You don’t necessarily need to buy specific ingredients to make delicious and good for you smoothies at home. There are plenty of moments throughout the week when you just have a little bit left of different food items in your kitchen. We aren’t talking things like leftover potatoes or beef. Think of the raw items like foods that you just have a few things here and there of–you know, like whatever you have lying around to create a whatever smoothie.
Wholefoods recently shared on Instagram a great ‘whatever’ smoothie to think about when collecting your odds and ends to put into your smoothie.
The “Whatever” Smoothie Formula
- 1 to 2 servings of greens – Think of foods like spinach, kale, collards greens, sprouts, spirulina, cucumber, etc.
- 1 serving of fruit – Think of foods like banana, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, pear, carrots, apples, orange, etc.
- 1/2 teaspoon flavor – Think of foods like spices, ginger, vanilla, cocoa powder, mint, etc.
- 1 to 2 TBS healthy fats – Think of foods like nut butter, coconut, avocado, chia seeds, flax seeds, etc.
- 1 to 2 cups liquid – Think of beverages like coconut water, coconut milk, almond milk, oat milk, etc.
- Place everything into a blender and blend until smooth.
Additionally, we would also love to see a protein thrown in here like 1 serving of Greek yogurt, plant protein, whey protein, etc.
Looking for more smoothie ideas? Try our Healthy Fat Packed Protein Smoothie or our Sealed with a Kiss.