Eating chicken breasts, pork chops, steak, greek yogurt and whatever else your favorite source of protein is, can get boring or feel redundant after a short while. Plus, we all secretly wish we could just consume cookies all day, every day and feel our best, but maybe that is just me. Combining both worlds together–our bodies needing protein and loving cookies, we have the perfect solution. Up your protein intake with these protein cookies.
Collagen Chocolate Chip Protein Cookies
- 1/3 cup Collagen Peptides
- 1/2 cup Coconut Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Sea salt
- 1 cup pure Almond Butter
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 cup Oatmeal, optional gluten-free
- 1/3 cup Sugar-free dark chocolate chips
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, add the egg and whisk to mix the yolk and whites together.
- Then add the dry ingredients – collagen, coconut sugar, oatmeal and sea salt.
- Stir until well combined.
- Add the peanut butter and vanilla, and stir until smooth.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- With wet hands, form 2″ balls, place on parchment paper and then press down to form a flat cookie, as these cookies will not expand or change shape.
- Bake for 16-20 minutes, until the cookies are semi-firm and not sticky on top. They will still look about the same color, but the semi-firm touch on top will give away that these are done.
If you aren’t worried about your protein intake and are just looking for a healthier chocolate chip cookies recipe, then check out this EBOOST approved Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe. They are gluten-free too!