Ahhh fall is here. The time when the air is crisp and we want to stay in bed snuggled up a little longer. What a feeling?! What a feeling to also get yourself up out of bed, make it to your favorite morning workout to then enjoy the most perfect pumpkin pancakes in the whole world? Are we talking your language now?
The world of everything pumpkin seems to start as soon as Starbucks thinks it is PSL (Pumpkin Spice Latte) season and hey, we are here for it. If you’re on the new Starbucks Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew bandwagon then you’ve probably already had a couple pumpkin things already in your life. There is no shame in that #basic game because we are all about everything pumpkin too.
The best thing about these pancakes is that their macros are perfect for indulging in after a workout. Plus, they are packed with pumpkin, fall flavors and everything you enjoy about breakfast in bed.
Did you know that eating ALL the pumpkin this time of year is also super healthy too? One cup of pumpkin contains 250 percent of your daily value of vitamin A, and this orange-hued squash is a great source of vitamin C. Talk about a great boost to your immune system. Hello, flu season!
Perfect Protein Pumpkin Pancakes
Egg-free and serves one.
1/2 cup oat milk
1/4 cup all-purpose gluten-free flour
1/4 cup almond flour
1/4 cup pumpkin puree
1 TBS hemp hearts
1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
1/4 tsp cane sugar or stevia
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and pulse until blended.
- Warm frying pan over medium-low heat, and coat lightly with coconut oil.
- Portion out 1/4 to 1/3 batter and pour into pan. Fit as many pancakes as you can.
- Cook until it starts to bubble, then flip over and cook for 1-2 minutes. or until lightly browned on both sides.
- Enjoy with your favorite pancake toppings.
We also love this fall favorite pancake recipe that includes apples.
- Gluten-Free, Sugar-Free, yet Sweet Pancakes Recipe
- EBOOST Fitness Holiday Challenge Week 1 Day 7
- The Secret to Healthy Fluffy Pancakes
- Pumpkin Banana Protein Muffins
- Healthy Apple Protein Pancakes