Sometimes we feel a bit wilder and don’t just want one whole egg + 3 egg white omelet with all the veggies we can find. Especially on the weekends when we have a little bit more time and can get a bit more creative in the kitchen. That day is today and we are feeling like pancakes are on the menu. Pancakes don’t have to be made of bleached flour, sugar, eggs and milk. No, pancakes can be WAY more nutritious than that while still tasting out of this world. These pancakes are gluten-free, sugar-free, yet sweet pancakes.
The best part of this recipe might also be the fact that there is chocolate in these pancakes. A kid’s dream, or at least our inner kid’s dream. Plus, these pancakes might just be kid-approved too. We dare you to give one to your kid too! They are sweet pancakes so you might have a little fan in the house with this healthy alternative to pancakes.
Healthy Chocolate Banana Pancakes
Gluten-free and dairy-free
8 eggs, whisked
4 bananas, mashed
4 tsp cacao powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 TBS coconut oil
- Start warming a large fry pan on medium heat on the stove with half of the coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, banana, cacao, and cinnamon.
- Pour an eighth of the egg mixture into the pan and cook until it starts to bubble. Flip and cook for one minute.
- Watch the pancakes to make sure they don’t burn.
- Repeat this process for the remaining seven sweet pancakes.
- About halfway through the battle, add the remaining coconut oil or as needed.