Many of us run out the door early in the morning without a bite to eat and our POW pre-workout in hand. We are not here to say that not eating anything before a workout is bad, some people just benefit with a little bit of food in their stomach. Combining the best of both world, we made some energy balls that satisfy your stomach before a workout, while giving you your pre-workout boost you are looking for, before crushing your workout.
Plus, these balls taste a lot like a childhood (or adulthood) favorite–peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
1/2 cup creamy salted almond butter (or peanut, cashew, or sunflower butter, etc)
1/4 cup date paste/nector
2 TBS collagen
1 1/4 cup gluten-free rolled oats
2 1/2 TBS flaxseeds
2 TBS chia seeds
2 servings Tropical Punch POW
2+ TBS water
- In a small bowl, combine POW and water until it stops fizzing.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the rolled oats and liquid POW until oats have soaked up the liquid.
- Then add almond butter, dates, collagen, flaxseed, and chia seeds. Mix until well combined. **If the mixture is too dry or crumbly then add more almond butter. If the mixture too sticky or wet then add a little bit more oats.
- Chill the mixture in the refrigerator for about 5 minutes.
- Then scoop out 1 1/2 TBS amounts and roll into balls. You should get a little over a dozen balls out of this recipe.
- Enjoy these energy balls immediately and/or store in an air-sealed container in the fridge for up to a week.