Like they say, it takes two to tango! One ingredient snacks are just kind of boring sometimes. They certainly serve their purpose but sometimes you just need that extra excitement in your life. When you pair a food item with its best partner, then well–they are dancing all over your taste buds! Other than these snacks tasting great, they are healthy, easy to make and you probably already have the ingredients in your pantry. Plus, some nutrients need other nutrients to absorb into your body efficiently, so really pairing up your snacks is a win all around.
Remember the days when your mom would pack you peanut butter and jelly sandwich for lunch or have one ready for you when you got home from school? This snack will take you down memories lane every time while leaving the carbohydrates in the bread basket.
Nut Butter Stuffed Strawberries
2 TBS nut butter
- Slice the stem end off 6 large strawberries.
- Use a teaspoon or small spoon to remove about half of the flesh inside each berry, allowing room for the nut butter.
- place the nut butter into the bottom corner of a plastic bag, snip off the tip to create a small hole and then pipe the nut butter through the hole and into the strawberries.
No need to spend a lot of money buying Kale chips at the store. Kale chips are really easy to make and this version is going to have a significant amount of less oil than the store bought kale chip snacks.
3 cups fresh washed kale leaves
avocado oil spray or whatever one you have on hand
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees, and spray a baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Place 3 cups fresh kale leaves on the sheet, spray with avocado oil, and sprinkle with a dash of salt.
- Bake until crispy, about 5- 8 minutes. You will want to keep a close eye on these as they go from being fine to burnt super quick.
Yogurt is a great snack but in order to make it taste good, companies add in sugar or fruit to make it desirable to eat. There is no need for that extra sugar when you could add some protein powder to your next yogurt to make it taste just as good as any sugar added yogurt at the store.
Protein Packed Yogurt
1 serving Chocolate or Vanilla PRIME protein
1 serving plain low-fat yogurt
- Grab your yogurt, gran your protein and mix together.
- It is really that simple.