Diets don’t always have to feel like torture. In fact, the best type of ‘diets’ are the ones that you love and turn into a lifestyle. For some people, this lifestyle they have created can fall under the gluten-free category, the vegan category, the keto category, the Whole30 category, etc. For some people, they can feel like they are a bit limited with what they can eat when they are eating with others or have a hard time figuring out what to cook for others when they follow a different lifestyle than someone else. Well, this recipe is about to change all of that. This recipe is so darn delicious that even someone who enjoys fast food every day of the week is going to drool over this meal. This meal is Whole30, Paleo and Lactose-free so if you are following one of those lifestyles than this meal is perfect for you and perfect for those that don’t.
Wow, your partner with this Steak and Whole30 Bearnaise Sauce recipe by 40aprons –
Steak and Whole30 Bearnaise Sauce
Whole30 Bearnaise Sauce
1/2 cup white wine vinegar
1/2 cup chicken stock
2 Tbsp. minced shallots
6-7 Tbsp. minced fresh tarragon divided
1 1/2 cups ghee
4 large egg yolks
1 tsp. salt
freshly cracked black pepper
1 1/2 pound choice sirloin steak
1 Tbsp. ghee
How to Make the Whole30 Bearnaise Sauce
- In a small saucepan, combine white wine vinegar, chicken stock, minced shallots, and 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon.
- Boil the mixture moderate heat until the liquid has reduced to 2 tablespoons.
- Let cool.
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt your ghee then pour into a measuring cup with a spout.
- Pour egg yolks into blender and pulse until very smooth, then pour in the vinegar reduction and pulse again.
- Turn blender on low and, very slowly, drizzle in the melted ghee. Don’t go too quickly, or you’ll risk the mixture breaking!
- Once all ghee has been incorporated, add 4-5 tablespoons fresh tarragon and salt and pulse until combined.
Make the Steak
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat until very hot.
- Salt the steak very liberally with salt on both sides.
- Add 1 tablespoon ghee to skillet, let melt, then add steak.
- Let sear 4 minutes, then flip and cook another 4 minutes on the other side.
- Cook 1 extra minute per side for a more medium steak. Remove steak from pan and let rest 5 minutes. Slice against the grain and serve with plenty of Whole30 bearnaise sauce.
Or Sous Vide the Steak
- Sous Vide Precision Cooker to 130ºF (54.4ºC) or whatever temperature your Sous Vide brand recommends.
- Generously season the steak with salt and pepper.
- Place in a medium zipper lock or vacuum seal bag.
- Seal the bag with a vacuum sealer on the dry setting or by using the water submersion technique.
- Place the bag in the water bath and set the timer for 1 hour.
- When the timer goes off, remove the bag from the water bath.
- Remove the steak from the bag and pat very dry with paper towels.
- Finish on the stove by heating the oil in a medium cast iron skillet over high heat.
- When the oil is shimmering, add the steak and sear until well-browned, about 30 seconds per side.
- Transfer steak to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes.
Try pairing this steak alongside our Cranberry Brussels Sprouts recipe for a complete date night or any night meal.