On the days when it is hot a humid, how wonderful does a bowl of ice cream or frozen yogurt sound to you? There isn’t quite anything else like a delicious melty cold treat to have when the humidity and/or heat are in high gear. Sometimes just taking yourself out of the house is a chore enough when the weather is extreme, so here is a tasty chocolate frozen yogurt recipe that you can make at home in no time.
32oz plain, Nonfat Greek Yogurt
1 cup unsweetened vanilla Almond Milk
5 scoops grass-fed whey protein EBOOST PRIME, chocolate or chocolate protein of choice
½ cup raw cacao powder
2 tbs pure vanilla extract
½ tbs stevia extract
½ tsp xanthan gum
½ cup vegan dark chocolate chips
- Freeze your ice cream maker bowl for 24+ hours.
- In a large blender, add the Greek yogurt, almond milk, protein powder, cacao, vanilla extract and stevia extract.
- Blend until completely smooth.
- At the very end, add in the xanthan gum.
- Place the frozen ice cream maker attachment onto the stand mixer and turn on the “stir” speed.
- Pour the frozen yogurt batter into the ice cream bowl and churn until soft-serve consistency.
- Scoop the frozen yogurt into a freezer-proof container and stir in the chocolate chips.
- Cover the container with a lid and freeze until it’s the texture you like (~5 hours).
- Scoop into bowls and serve!
This recipe is great for kids too!