These veggie-filled pistachio cookies are anything short of being delicious and nutritious.
We’ve taken a healthy pistachio cookie recipe and threw in a little bit of our very own green vegetable powder in for fun that ended up tasting way better than we imagined it would!
We removed the matcha and chocolate chips from this recipe, but we dare anyone to try keeping it in and give a Matcha Veggie Pistachio Chocolate Chip Cookie a try!
Veggie Pistachio Cookies
inspired by Candice Kumai
coconut cooking spray
3/4 cup gluten-free flour
1/2 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
3 tablespoons unrefined coconut oil, melted
1 teaspoon organic pure vanilla extract
5 drops of stevia
1 whole organic egg
1 1/2 ripe organic medium bananas, mashed
1/2 cup organic rolled oats
1 cup chopped pistachios
1 serving SPRUCE, sifted
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and coat lightly with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, vanilla, and sugar (or stevia) to combine. Add the egg (or water) and whisk well to incorporate. Using a rubber spatula, scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as necessary.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until combined. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the oats and pistachios. Sprinkle in the sifted SPRUCE and fold in gently.
- Chill the cookie dough in the refrigerator for 15 minutes. Using a tablespoon, scoop out 1 1/2 inch balls and place them about 1 inch apart on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until lightly golden on top, 10 to 13 minutes. Cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
If you can resist, these cookies are better the next day!
- Create Your Own Protein Cookie with this Formula
- Eat Five Green Vegetables With These Eboost Donuts
- An EBOOST Approved Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- Add a blueberry lavender scone and eboost to your Easter Brunch
- Up Your Protein Intake with Protein Cookies