To round off the week of celebrating all things protein, what better way to finish it off than with a delicious and chocolatey good protein bread to end the weekend just right. Sundays are always a weird mix of enjoying the weekend but knowing that the work week is right around the corner. To ease you back into the work week, we hope this Dark Chocolate Banana Bread recipe with PRIME made by one of our ambassadors Brandi Swicegood will be perfectly sweet.
EBOOST PRIME’S Dark Chocolate Banana Bread
by: Brandi Swicegood
2 cups over-ripe smashed organic bananas
2 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 TBS vinegar
1/4 cup coconut oil (or milk)
2/3 cup EBOOST PRIME, chocolate
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 3/4 whole wheat flour (or gluten-free flour alternative)
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
3/4 baking powder
1/2 cup plus 2 TBS cocoa powder
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips plus some for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a loaf pan with coconut oil
- In a medium bowl, mix wet ingredients together.
- In another bowl, mix dry ingredients together.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients while mixing.
- Once wet and dry are well combined, fold in the 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips.
- Sprinkle some dark chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove after it passes the toothpick trick.
- Cool and serve.
A bread like this is perfect for some pre-workout fuel, after a workout, or a nice little healthy treat at the end of the day.