This protein-rich dessert is equal parts original and delicious! Clean, refreshing, and zesty, Pistachio Lemon Protein Balls are a snack you’ll want to whip up, roll up and enjoy.
The dessert plays tribute to a style we know and love – protein balls. Protein balls are such an easy delicious dessert that doesn’t require any baking at all. They are full of nutrients and really pack the protein punch while feeling like you are enjoying a delicious sinful dessert.
Pistachio Lemon Holiday Protein Balls
the base recipe is paleo friendly and gluten free
recipe inspired by Cotter Crunch
1 serving EBOOST PRIME vanilla (note this is not paleo friendly)
1 cup pistachio, shelled
1 medium lemon, grated
1 cup coconut flour, very fine or presifted
1 tbsp coconut sugar
1/2 cup raw almond butter
3/4 cup honey
4 drops lemon essential oil
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
dash of cinnamon
- Grind up the pistachios in a food processor or blender. Make sure you blend them up to just chop them into small pieces, not to blend into a flour, just a mealy like texture.
- In a large bowl, add all of your dry ingredients.
- Grate your lemon to create lemon zest into the large bowl.
- Next, add your nut butter, honey, lemon essential oil, and extract.
- Get your hands a little wet and use your hands to mix all the ingredients together nicely combined.
- Roll into two bite, bite-size balls.
- Place in fridge or freezer to harden.
Once the bites have hardened, coat the bites with extra lemon zest and a coconut sugar if desired.
- Freeze or keep in refrigerator to maintain freshness.