“Trick or Treat. Smell my feet, give me something good to eat!” Anyone else know why this saying says ‘smell my feet’… just because it rhymed?
We have no tricks and all the treats lately around here. Enough that we certainly need some trick or treaters to come take some of the these baked goods away from us! The baked goods you are finding up on the blog are certainly healthy, but when they stare at you in the face and you can’t stop eating them… well that is an issue. Please, someone, dress up for Halloween early and come knock on our door!
With baking and testing out recipes, there comes a lot of fails too! For today’s recipe it isn’t so much a fail in the recipe but a fail in a pretty outcome. These suckers didn’t really stick together as planned, but still delicious anyway. If you are someone not really going for the epic Pinterest shot, then attempt these and let me know your trick to a better way in keeping these bad boys in one piece!
The best part, though, is that your peanut butter cups just got the ultimate fall makeover. Check out the recipe below to see how!
EBOOST Protein Pumpkin Almond Butter Cups
1 cup pumpkin puree (from a can)
1/2 cup almond butter
1 TBS vanilla extract
1 tsp pumpkin spice
1 cup dark chocolate chips: (1/2 100% dark chocolate + 1/2 85% dark chocolate)
4 TBS liquid sweetener (monk fruit)
1 scoop EBOOST PRIME vanilla protein powder
- spray 6 spots of a muffin pan with coconut oil
- Melt the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe dish in intervals of 30 seconds, until melted. Stir chips between every 30 seconds.
- In a bowl, mix pumpkin puree, almond butter, vanilla, pumpkin spice, protein powder, and 2 TBS sweetener.
- Once chips are melted add 2 TBS sweetener, this will cause the chocolate to change in chemistry and bit and thicken up.
- Fill the bottom and sides of muffin slots with chocolate, then add 2 TBS of pumpkin mixture.
- Lastly, top with the remainder of chocolate over the pumpkin mixture until covered.
- Place in freezer for 30 minutes.
- Enjoy. (and figure out a prettier way to get the almond cups out of the muffin compartments)
What is your favorite Halloween treat you got from trick or treating as a kid?