Ah, the day has come when love is all around us. The best thing about this day doesn’t mean it has to be with a significant other. You can celebrate your love you have for your pet, the love you have for a friend, the love you have for a relative, and most importantly the love you have for yourself. And whatever way you are celebrating love, you can always do it with a healthy Valentine’s Day dessert.
Healthier Valentine’s Day Chocolate Box
Healthify that chocolate box with fruit dripped in chocolate instead.
- any fruit you’d like really
- dark chocolate chips, for melting
- white vinegar
- Soak the berries and cherries for ten minutes in a large bowl filled with one part vinegar and 9 parts water.
- Slowly melt the dark chocolate chips in a double boiler would work.
- Began by dipping the fruit in the chocolate and lay them on wax paper to dry.
- Once the chocolate has dried from cooling down, place in a (heart shaped) box or eat right away.
Healthy Chocolate Fudge
This healthy fudge is chocolatey delicious and you only need three ingredients.
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 10 pitted dates
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- Place the can of coconut milk in the fridge for at least 6 hours. Right side up.
- Open the can of coconut milk, scoop out the coconut cream and transfer it to a food processor.
- Add the dates and puree until smooth. This could take a couple minutes.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler.
- Add the chocolate to the food processor and puree until completely combined.
- Transfer the mixture to two ramekins.
- Top with fresh fruit and/or whipped coconut cream.
Chocolate Coconut Balls
- 1-5 oz bag shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/3 cup + 1 TBSP coconut oil melted
- ½ cup almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, mix together the coconut flakes, the 1/3 cup melted coconut oil, almond butter, and vanilla.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Using your hands, form the mixture into 1 inch balls and put it on a plate lined with parchment paper.
- Put the plate in the freezer until the clusters harden completely.
- Once the clusters have hardened, melt the chocolate in a double boiler with 1 TBSP coconut oil, stirring occasionally until smooth.
- Dip the clusters into the chocolate, until fully covered and then put back on a plate.
- Put them into the refrigerator until cold.
- Keep in the refrigerator until gone.
If you are looking for even more (healthy Valentine’s Day) dessert inspiration, you don’t need to look far. Check out our blog post from Valentine’s Day 2019 – ‘Waist Happy Valentine’s Day Desserts‘
- Waist Happy Valentine’s Day Desserts
- Healthy Halloween Party Treats
- Enjoy Valentine’s Day with an Eboost Aphrodisiac Dessert
- 3 Ways to Make Hot Chocolate Healthier
- Celebrating National Cookie Dough Day the EBOOST way.